Procurement Administrative Coordinator
This position is responsible for journey-level administrative, procurement, budgetary policy development and analytical support for the Procurement Department. In addition, this individual will perform a variety of duties supporting all of Foothill Transit’s activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Primarily provide administrative and clerical support in the procurement and contract administration areas, but may support budget preparation and administration, policy development, contract monitoring, and other departmental duties
- Conducts data entry supporting the agency’s vendor relationship database, contract management, and general recordkeeping.
- Maintains overall department records, logs and checklists
- Researches, secures, compares, and evaluates information regarding source of supply, price, quality, availability, terms and conditions, and related information for varied materials, supplies, services, and equipment
- Assists in the organization, planning, and writing of RFQs, IFBs, RFPs and addenda, contract language, and amendments.
- Monitor agency database files and ensure expiration notices are distributed.
- Communicates with vendors and other entities
- Review, approve and process invoices
- Catalogs, orders, organizes and disburses reference and technical materials
- Conducts or assists pre-bid meetings and public bid openings as required
- Handles confidential or legal documents
- Orders materials, supplies, and equipment for the Procurement department
- Performs Other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge and Abilities:
- Business and computer software applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with database
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project
- Understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, and budgets
- Exercise judgment and creativity in making decisions
- Think and act independently
- Detail-oriented and ability to perform highly repetitive work
- Ability to compile and analyze data
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree or two year experience performing basic or entry-level budgeting and administrative work
- Bachelor’s Degree Business, Public Administration or other social science or related field is desirable
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: Grade 4 | $46,146 - $76,535